The client, a UAE based e-journal Aggregator, was keen on expanding its business to six countries in the MENA region.
We were was engaged to undertake market scoping of the MENA region and recommend:
- Go-to-market strategy including competitor analysis
- Pricing strategy
- Implementation Plan and KPI set-up via cost/ benefit modeling
- A marketing model for each country, namely, Iraq, Bahrain, Jordan, Morocco, Algeria, and Tunisia
- Prioritized market entry by evaluating the identified markets and assessed country level attractiveness
- Conducted customer segmentation by driving primary and secondary research to identify the end customer persona, i.e. academia, corporates, enterprise clients, govt. institutions.
- Conducted country deep dives to focus on laying out the potential customer segment size, charted out channels to target to drive market adoption.
- Conducted a competitive benchmarking to model out pricing structure and potential pricing strategy
- Designed the implementation plan by listing activities, timelines and roll-out project charters
- Identified associated KPls and defined key success parameters such as Click-through rates (CTR), Cost per Click (CPC), Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC)
- Modeled out revenues and costs to evaluate ROI, CAC, and user growth metrics to determine overall marketing budget and revenue potential of the launch by country
- Created a pitch book to on-board channel partners who executed the marketing plan
- Recommended a go-to-market strategy including pricing, channel and market strategy
- Our extensive involvement through country deep dives, customer segmentation, and implementation planners for country launch helped design a detailed KPI model capturing revenues and marketing costs and launch the e-journal services in 2 countries